Sunday 16 December 2012

Accidental (self) Enabling

I may have bid on, and possibly won, a binder (that is not a filofax) on ebay. I don't know whether I meant to win it, or whether it was wishful bidding. I can see how a collection can grow quickly!

It's described as a "Small London Organiser Company leather filofax". I haven't found a great deal of information about them on line, but I do think I was slightly mislead by the lot title. Despite the mistake I'm glad I was able to nab this. I've been idly looking at pockets for a week or so, placing a bid here or there, looking at the abused filos available in WHSmiths (some shops do shock me with their complete lack of care for their stock). I think this little addition will add a well needed touch of diversity to my binder gene pool. Also, a touch of colour could go a long way in these dark months.

I'm not holding out much hope for filofax level quality, though it is leather (I would make an awful vegan!) and the rings look in fairly good condition. For less than £10, I may turn this into a travel or party filo. It's bigger than a mini, but should fit nicely into the obligatory clutch bags we ladies are all subjected to from time to time. I know I've only been a 'faxer' for about a month now, but I already feel a bit lost if there isn't one within arms reach. I could even stuff it full of crosswords and sudokus! A puzzle filo! Now that would be a conversation starter :)

If anyone has one of these binders, I would love to know how you get/got on with it.


A bit loved, but I don't mind a little bit of rough around the edges.










Described as "red/burgundy", apparently the colour is closer to that shown here.

I hope you've all had a good weekend. I'm off to give Miss Kendal some well needed TLC and maybe a custom calendar page to tie me over until I can break into 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment