Saturday 8 December 2012

Trifold Personal Templates

As requested by Paul B, here are some templates for trifold pages in personal size... in theory.

I've had a hell of a time just to make these things vaguely editable after saving at my end. I think it will be a while before I'm able to refine the process and turn it into an understandable tutorial, so I'm simply going to provide the .doc files for you to customise and print.

Hopefully, once downloaded, they will remain at the right size. If not, please let me know and I will slap the software responsible "up side the head", as they say on the streets.

Here goes nothing!

A4 trifold personal page sans (without) hole punch guides.

Download this template here.

A4 trifold personal page with hole punch guides.

Download this template here.

All you have to do is make sure that the image/graph/spreadsheet/whatever you're hoping to put on this page fits onto the 160mm x 236mm box. In word, you may have to place your file over the top of the template. As I've said, this is all a bit experimental, so a smidgen of jiggery-pokery may be required. As long as you make sure the embedded image is stretched to fit your A4 page, everything should be hunky dory :)

6 comments:

  1. Emma, thank you very much for this. I didn't expect it so quickly! I'll try this in the morning and let you know how it goes when I try to add a picture, or several columns of text into it. The columns may be ambitious but I'll give it a try. Do you use DTP programs for a living? You seem to be very familiar with them! Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a DTP job! I have a degree in graphic design but none of the jobs I've applied to have come to anything, so I'm stuck in retail :(

      Colums shouldn't be too difficult if you can get the text to stream through all the boxes. In InDesign it's fairly simple. With Word being Word, it might take a while to achieve your desired effect.

      Delete
  2. Yes thanks Emma.
    But could we get the templates uploaded to philofaxy.org instead please?
    I would like to try them, but the filehosting.org link for downloading just threw up a full screen indecent pop-up on my computer at the office - not good!
    Also, their terms and conditions suggest my email address would be sent out to any third parties they want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! I didn't realise that host was so dodgy! I'll take down the links & see what I can do about an alternative.

      I hope your computer didn't get anything nasty :s

      Delete
  3. Thanks Emma.
    No I'm sure no lasting harm was done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've managed to fix it! No ninja naughty bits or anything :)

      Delete