Tuesday 12 February 2013

February's 365/30: 7/28 My favourite books on organising are...

7. My favourite books on organising are...

Thos may be organisational sacrilege; I don't actually own, nor have I ever read,  any books on organising, let alone have a favourite.

I gave GTD a bash, but the Kindle sample failed to capture me, so I didn't invest in the full book.

My biggest inspiration for my organising system(s) comes from the filofax community. Watching videos and reading blog posts (though I have to admit to mostly looking at the pictures) have taught me everything I know about keeping myself organised.  Because there is a constant stream of information coming from the community, I will never get bored or exhaust it!

If I could recommend any book to the filofaxers out there, it would be Stop Stealing Sheep by Erik Spiekermann. You're all wonderful people, and I love the variety of custom inserts that are produced every week, but occasionally your use of typography leaves something to be desired. I become a horible person when it comes to typography. Stop Stealing sheep is a great place to start an education in type! If you like that one, try Just My Type: a book about fonts by Simon Garfield. It includes loads of brief essays on the best, and worst, uses of typography out there; with a generous helping of history for good measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment